AllVoices is an employee feedback management platform that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion by providing employees a safe place to speak up about issues in real-time without fear of mistreatment or retaliation. Customers include Zillow, Electronic Arts, Scopely, GoPro, Buzzfeed, FabFitFun, and TrueCar. Our platform, equipped with an encrypted communication channel and case management system, empowers companies to address issues proactively, improving culture, increasing productivity, and mitigating the risk of reputational damage and lawsuits. We've grown 400% in the last year, driven mostly by referrals and word-of-mouth.
The EEOC has found that 75% of incidents of harassment go unreported. In part, this is because employees lack a way to speak up in a way that feels comfortable for them. We’ve built a tool that helps companies listen at scale. Our mission is to create safe and healthy workplaces for all by giving employees a voice. AllVoices has a strong team of advisors and investors including Susan Fowler (Uber whistleblower), Spencer Rascoff (Zillow), Adam Miller (Cornerstone) and more.
We’re a female-founded, fast-growing, culture-focused, venture-backed startup dedicated to building products that shape the future of work. As a team, we practice what we preach: we work to cultivate an environment in which people feel comfortable bringing their full selves to the office every day.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Director of Finance, reporting to the CEO, will help shape the company’s strategy and manage all company financial matters. Specific accountabilities include:
- Build and manage the company’s finance and accounting function
- Conduct financial planning and analysis and develop sound financial plans
- Perform budget versus actual variance analysis to drive accountability
- Manage treasury function and ensure company maintains sufficient liquidity
- Ensure all financial reports are accurate and completed in timely manner
- Manage receivables, payables, payroll and expense reimbursement
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of monthly, quarterly and annual close process
- Oversee all tax matters and conduct sound tax planning
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Ensure adherence to all financial regulations and guidelines
- Provide recommendations on compensation strategy, including compensation levels, variable compensation, benefits and equity
- Conduct analysis and provide recommendations on pricing, new business lines, market expansion and other areas to help execute strategic objectives
- Identify and implement systems, processes, policies and controls to ensure scalable and secure financial operations
- Manage equity capitalization table
- Identify and implement business intelligence and analytics systems and create actionable reporting and dashboards
- Oversee competitive intelligence and provide regular updates to key stakeholders
- Review and negotiate contracts
- Manage corporate development, including strategic partnerships and M&A
- Oversee corporate governance
- Support investor relations, including crafting communications and providing timely reports for investors
- Provide advice on ideal capital allocation and help raise capital including generating fundraising materials
- Securely maintain files and records in organized manner
- 10+ years of overall financial experience
- 7+ years of mid to senior level positions in fast-growing technology companies, responsible for financial planning, analysis and accounting
- Demonstrated track record of successfully building and scaling a finance organization from the ground up, including hiring, systems and controls
- Strong financial aptitude
- Proficiency in modern finance and accounting software and platforms
- Ability to challenge the executive team and Board of Directors on key strategic and operational decisions
- Track record of driving business insights, actions, and accountability across organizations
- In-depth operational focus with a demonstrated ability to promote use of financial metrics and scorecards as well as a track record of standardizing data and processes across functions
- Evidence of having established meaningful external networks with a demonstrated track record of raising capital
- Experience identifying new business opportunities, analyzing the competitive landscape and developing financial models that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy
- A “talent magnet” with a strong track record of successfully recruiting and developing finance professionals and building high performing teams
- Comfort working and communicating with all levels of the organization, including board members, senior executives and business partners
- BS or MBA degree; CPA is added benefit
- Strong intellectual horsepower. Superior abstract reasoning and analytical skills. Creative thinker who finds innovative solutions to obstacles.
- A team builder, team player and leader who creates loyalty, trust and following. Collaborative attitude and desire to contribute outside primary areas of responsibility. Inspires others and highly respected.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal. Articulates concepts in a clear, structured and succinct manner. Adjusts communication based on the audience.
- Results-driven with bias for action and commitment to excellence. Self-directed, rolls up the sleeves and engages in all activities with sense of urgency. Gets it done on time, every time. Organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Thrives in fast-paced environment of constant change. Manages numerous time-sensitive matters simultaneously. Positive, resilient and open to candid feedback. Listens to and considers alternatives.
We put a premium on attracting and retaining the best talent. That’s why we reward our people with a highly competitive salary and a wealth of amazing benefits, including company equity, 90% coverage on medical, dental and vision insurance. We’ll also throw in paid holidays, gym and cell phone reimbursements, a mandatory 2 week holiday vacation, unlimited paid time off and much more!